Privacy Statement for Knoops’ advocaten
Knoops’ advocaten respects your personal information and ensures that the personal information provided to us or otherwise obtained is treated confidentially. Personal data refers to all information relating to the individual. Also data that indirectly tells something about someone are personal data. The following is an implementation of the obligation to provide information laid down in the AVG/GDPR (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter GDPR) to the person(s) whose personal data Knoops’ advocaten processes.
Knoops’ advocaten processes personal data in order to be able to offer services, to improve services and to be able to communicate personally with you as a party involved. Knoops’ advocaten is therefore responsible for the processing of various personal data.
- Purposes for the processing of personal data
Knoops’ advocaten processes the personal data mentioned below exclusively for the purposes mentioned below:
- Providing legal services, including the execution of an agreement and conducting (legal) proceedings;
- The collection of expense claims;
- Advice, mediation and referral;
- Fulfilling our legal and statutory obligations;
- Marketing and communication activities;
- Operation and selection (application).
- What personal data is processed?
Knoops’ advocaten processes the following personal data for the purpose of the provision of services or which are provided by the person concerned on his or her own initiative:
- Contact details and other personal data necessary for the handling of your case;
- Data concerning the device you use to visit our website;
- Personal data in the context of an application;
- Special personal data, such as your BSN number, criminal records, health information;
- Personal data made available through public sources or obtained from the Trade Register of the Chamber of Commerce and from the Land Registry.
Contact details include
- your first and last name;
- your date of birth;
- your address details;
- your telephone number;
- your email address;
- your BSN number;
- your gender;
- your nationality.
Knoops’ advocaten processes the aforementioned personal data because they have been provided by you as a party involved on your own initiative, have been obtained in the context of the provision of services, have been made known to us by third parties, including counterparties, or have become known through public sources.
- Basis for processing personal data
Knoops’ advocaten processes the personal data mentioned below exclusively on the basis of the grounds referred to in article 6, first paragraph, sub a to f of the GDPR:
- the person concerned has given permission for the processing of his personal data for one or more specific purposes;
- the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, or to take measures at the request of the data subject prior to the conclusion of a contract;
- processing is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject;
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person;
- processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of pursuing the legitimate interests of the controller or of a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require the protection of personal data, in particular when the data subject is a child.
- Sharing personal data with third parties
Knoops’ advocaten will only share your personal data with third parties to the extent necessary for the provision of services in accordance with the aforementioned purposes. This includes, for example, the observation of the practice by another attorney at law, the performance of an expert examination or the engagement of another third party on behalf of and by instruction of Knoops’ advocaten, such as an IT supplier, but also the provision of your personal data in connection with (legal) proceedings or correspondence with the other party.
In addition, Knoops’ advocaten may provide personal data to a third party, such as a supervisor or another authority vested with public authority, insofar as there is a legal obligation to do so.
With the third party that processes your personal data on behalf of and by instruction of Knoops’ advocaten, a processing agreement will be entered into, as a result of which that third party will also be obliged to comply with the GDPR. Third parties engaged by Knoops’ advocaten, who offer services as processing agent, are themselves responsible for the (further) processing of your personal data in order to comply with the GDPR. For example, an accountant, civil-law notary or other third party hired for a second opinion or expert report.
- Security of personal data
Knoops’ advocaten attaches great importance to the security and protection of your personal data and, taking into account the state of the art, takes appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. In the event that Knoops’ advocaten makes use of the services of third parties, such as an IT supplier, Knoops’ advocaten will lay down agreements on adequate security measures in a processing agreement with regard to the protection of personal data.
- Retention periods
Knoops’ advocaten stores personal data that are processed no longer than is necessary for the aforementioned purposes of the data processing or is required under laws and regulations.
- Privacy rights of data subjects
A request for inspection, correction, limitation, objection, transferability of data, removal of your personal data or revocation of previously given consent can be sent via the contact details below. You will receive further notice from us within four weeks after receipt of your request.
There may be circumstances in which Knoops’ advocaten cannot, or cannot fully, execute your request as a party involved. These circumstances include lawyers’ duty of confidentiality and statutory retention periods.
Your requests as referred to above can be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Concertgebouwplein 25, 1071 LM Amsterdam.
In order to ensure that we provide the relevant personal data to the correct person on the basis of your request, we ask you to provide a copy of a valid passport, driver’s license or proof of identity with a shielded passport photo and BSN number for verification purposes. Knoops’ advocaten will only deal with requests that relate to your own personal data.
- Website: social media and cookies
The website of Knoops’ advocaten (www.knoopsadvocaten.nl) contains buttons and/or links to promote or share web pages on social (media) networks or third party websites, such as Twitter and LinkedIn. Knoops’ advocaten does not supervise and is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by and through such third parties. The use of such (social) media is therefore at your own risk. Before using the services of third parties, it is advisable to first read the privacy statement of those third parties.
Knoops’ advocaten keeps track of usage data of the website for statistical purposes. The personal data collected in this way are in principle anonymous and will not be sold by Knoops’ advocaten to third parties.
In order to increase the ease of use of the website of Knoops’ advocaten, so-called ‘cookies’ are used. A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, tablet or smartphone during your visit to the website of Knoops’ advocaten. You can refuse the use of these cookies at any time, although this may limit the functionality and ease of use of the website.
On the website of the Consumer and Market Authority (https://www.consuwijzer.nl/telecom-post/internet/privacy/uitleg-cookies) you can read more about cookies and how you can block or remove them.
- Modification Privacy Statement
Knoops’ advocaten has the right to change the content of this privacy statement at any time without prior notice. Modifications to the privacy statement can be found on the website www.knoopsadvocaten.nl. Therefore, please consult our website regularly.
- Questions and contact
If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this privacy statement, please contact email@example.com.
This Privacy Statement was amended and adopted on 1 April 2020.